13 Jul, 2011 New web-based subscription service for NEXTMap® products helps
customers save time and money
SAN DIEGO (July 13, 2011)— [Esri International User Conference Intermap Booth 2715] — According to an independent research report produced by Forrester Research, Inc., cloud computing has risen from number 11 to number three on the CIO’s agenda for 2011. Keeping pace with this rapidly growing trend, Intermap, a leading provider of 3D terrain information and geospatial solutions, today announced the launch of the Company’s new Web-based store.
“We’ve now made buying 3D terrain data as easy as buying a book on Amazon,” said Todd Oseth, president and CEO of Intermap. “With the new NEXTMap Web Store, customers can get a monthly subscription to the data they want or they can still make a one-time purchase. We're very excited about this new Intermap offering for three reasons: 1) customers can access their terrain information instantly from anywhere, 2) our cloud-based approach dramatically reduces the customer’s cost of storing, maintaining or disseminating their mapping data, and 3) via the cloud, customers can analyze their data without ever taking physical delivery of it. Bottom line, the new NEXTMap Web Store puts the customer in control, while delivering them simplicity and dramatic cost savings.”
The new NEXTMap Web Store provides users with one-time or ongoing subscription access to Intermap’s NEXTMap products, services and tools from any location worldwide. Customers simply select one of the four subscription plans that best meets their needs:
1. NEXTMap Basic: Quick way to make a one-time NEXTMap purchase which is priced per square kilometer. Intermap Basic allows users to upload an area of interest in KML format and purchase the data for an immediate download. Basic is ideal for customers who would like to take possession of static data in smaller areas.
2. NEXTMap Premium: An excellent way to enjoy the new NEXTMap Web Services model. The monthly subscription requires an annual commitment and is priced per user, per county in the United States. The low cost makes these subscriptions affordable even under strict procurement limits.
3. NEXTMap Enterprise: Enjoy all the benefits of NEXTMap Premium, plus access to three high-value mapping layers. The monthly subscription requires an annual commitment and is priced per user, per state in the United States. The low cost makes these subscriptions affordable even under strict procurement limits.
4. NEXTMap Custom: NEXTMap Custom customers enjoy all the benefits of NEXTMap Enterprise, plus access to six additional high-value custom mapping layers and other tailored services.
Intermap Web Services offers a suite of hosted tools that gives even those unfamiliar with geographic information systems (GIS) the ability to quickly and easily perform terrain analysis based on an area of interest (AOI), county or state. Subscribers to Intermap Web Services can access the Company’s 3D terrain information using their current Web browsers, through desktop software like ArcGIS, Global Mapper or SocetGXP, or via an application that leverages the Intermap Web Services software developers kit (SDK).
The NEXTMap Web Store provides open geospatial consortium-based (OGC) services, including:
• Web Map Service (WMS): Provides a map image that can be displayed in a browser application or
• Web Coverage Service (WCS): Offers grid coverage or raster data that can be used as input data
for 3D analysis and modeling.
• Web Feature Service (WFS): Provides a vector layer that can support map objects, such as
shapefiles and metadata.
For more information about Intermap’s web services please visit http://www.intermap.com/en-us/purchase.aspx learn more about the new NEXTMap Web Store visit Intermap booth 2715 at the Esri International User Conference from July 11-15 in San Diego, California.
Intermap is a leading provider of 3D terrain information and geospatial solutions. The company has set the industry standard for creating uniform high-resolution 3D digital models of the earth’s surface. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Intermap has offices around the world. For more information, please visitwww.intermap.com.
Intermap Technologies press contact:
Dittoe Public Relations